Can I wear makeup and still have good skin?
YES, you can! You can absolutely wear makeup and maintain good skin, however, keep these few pointers in mind to ensure you’re doing the very best for your skin:
FIRST – wash your face morning and night. Do not go to sleep with makeup on your face. Makeup can clog pores and irritate the skin which we want to avoid.
SECOND – choose pure mineral makeup. Pure mineral makeup is not made up of fillers and has a high concentration of pigment. This means that you do not need to apply a lot of makeup in order to get good coverage. Most mineral makeup foundations often contain an SPF coverage as well so you are getting sun protection and makeup in one. Sun protection is the best way to keep your skin young and healthy.
We love Glo Mineral Makeup as it is one of the purest (talc free) and lightweight brands available. You don’t feel like you’re wearing anything on your face. Their makeup is long lasting and full of antioxidants; plus, their products are not tested on animals. We also recommend Colorescience mineral makeup and products. Often used post treatment, Colorescience has a variety of SPF powders, creams and anti-inflammatory products.
Our favourite makeup products are:
- Glo Pressed Base –flawless coverage that nourishes the skin while correcting and protecting. It’s recommended for all skin types, talc-free, paraben-free and noncomedogenic. Available in a variety of shades, this powder is amazing!
- Glo Under Eye Concealer –a duo shade under eye concealer, suitable for all skin types, conceals and blends to help cover dark under eye circles or even small blemishes.
- Glo Luminous Liquid Foundation (formerly Luxe) – this is a great lightweight liquid foundation. It’s not heavy like other liquid foundations, but still provides full coverage. It is not recommended for every day use with oily complexions.
- Glo Face Tinted Primer – an oil-free primer with an SPF 30 sun protection. It can be used as a base primer to even skin tone and cover minor imperfections before applying your foundation, or as your foundation.
- Colorescience All Calm Clinical Redness Corrector – ideal for post treatment redness but also an excellent option for patients who suffer from redness from rosacea or other causes. In addition to being an SPF 50, this product can help calm and soothe sensitive skin.
- Colorescience Sunforgettables SPF 50 – a tinted powdered sunscreen that provides full coverage, it’s easy to apply and frankly, easy to carry! This is THE BEST product to re-apply sunscreen during the day.
- Glo Cream Glaze Crayon – a high shine luxurious lip pencil. These lipsticks come in super fun colours and help nourish lips. Containing Mango Oil and Shea Butter, your lips will not dry out and the colours are spectacular!
- Colorescience Even Up – This can be used in combination with All Calm or on its own. It helps to even out skin tone and as a bonus has SPF 50 (chemical free) built in.
THIRD – make sure you are being smart with your makeup application. Clean your brushes, wash your hands before applying makeup, do not share foundation, brushes or sponges. Ask your skin care specialist about recommendations for your skin. Our team is constantly training and receiving new and relevant information about the products we carry. We stand by our products and everyone uses them so we have hands on experience.